Mon, Jan 02|
InDepth Yoga Academy
200hr Hatha Vinyasa Teacher Training, Phuket
Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand
Time & Location
Jan 02, 7:00 AM
InDepth Yoga Academy, 80/128 Phuket, ตำบล ราไวย์ อำเภอเมืองภูเก็ต ภูเก็ต 83100, Thailand
About The Event
- Asana, meditation, pranayama practice
- Learn teaching methodology, anatomy, alignment
- Topics include yoga philosophy, ethics, and lifestyle
- Eligibility to register for Yoga Alliance certification upon completion
- Become knowledgeable in the art of yoga and business
- Cleansing kit gift upon arrival
- 19 nights accommodation
Students who complete the training are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®).
InDepth Yoga Academy believes in making true yoga teachers, those that will have passion for spreading knowledge and wisdom, teach from the heart and bring colorful energy and enthusiasm into their classes. The trainings are held all around the globe and students living all opposite sides of the world meet to educate and grow themselves in a warm and friendly environment.Content hours
- Techniques, training, and practice: 100 hours
- Teaching methodology: 30 hours
- Anatomy and physiology: 20 hours
- Philosophy / ethics / lifestyle: 30 hours
- Practicum and non-contact hours: 20 hours
- Gain an in-depth understanding of traditional yogic techniques, their uses, practices, and ways to incorporate them both into your personal practice and future classes
- Gain a new connection to your mind, your body, and your spirit. Achieve a balance between the three
- Gain a vital foundation of all areas of yogic study and ground yourself as a knowledgeable instructor
- Achieve a level of confidence with speaking in public. Find your voice and speak with assertiveness, experience, and stature
- Learn the proper sequencing, alignment, and position in a traditional yoga class, then, get creative with these elements in the making of your own classes
- Experience the healing and restorative process through living the traditional yogic lifestyle on a tropical island
- Experience daily asana, meditation, and pranayama practice and significantly improve your own personal practice
- Form close connections and friendships with other wonderful yogis from all around the globe
- Enjoy daily evening gatherings and reflect on a passing day
- Experience additional group activities like chakra healing, dream catcher DIY, and healing art sessions
- Learn the intricacies of the body anatomy in regards to yoga practice, alignment, and adjustment
- Study and discuss the most essentials philosophical texts
- Participate in in-depth discussions regarding the ethics, lifestyle, and purpose of a yoga teacher
- Explore Chakras, Bandhas, and Meridians
- Study, understand, and utilize Ayurveda
- Learn yogic cleansing techniques (Kriyas)
- Gain an understanding and receive advice on how to incorporate all of the information you learn on the course into your own personal lifestyle
- Become knowledgeable in the art of yoga and business, learn important aspects, strategies, and how to bring this beneficial lifestyle back home
InDepth Yoga Academy is registered with Yoga Alliance and therefore follows a syllabus designed in line with the internationally accepted standards of education set by them. The course will follow the four areas of study, those being techniques and practice, teaching methodology, anatomy and physiology, philosophy and practicum.
As a registered yoga school, InDepth Yoga provides its students with the required contact and non - contact hours in each field, allowing the students to gain the essential foundation in their yoga study. This foundation will not only ground you and set your place in the yoga world but also allow for a great deal of personal growth through the understanding of the yogic belief of the universe and the self. Bellow, you will see further details regarding each section of the course.Techniques, training, and practice
In this area, you will practice, teach and gain an InDepth look into the traditional yoga practices such as asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, and meditation. Your first insight into these techniques will be through the guided practice of each one with experienced instructors. Then you will hold deeper discussions and teachings regarding the origin, uses, and of course, the process of teaching them yourself.
Each day will begin and end with guided asana practice and throughout the course, students will gain extensive knowledge of the poses, the sequencing, the benefits and risks, as well as, flawless alignment and the delicate practice of hands-on assistance.
As asanas are just a singular thread of the extensive world of yoga study, the training will give just as much focus and importance to other yoga practices such as pranayamas. You will learn, experience for yourself, and become comfortable with incorporating several pranayama techniques into your practice or class.
Kriyas, mantra, and meditation will also be covered extensively throughout the course. Students will become proficient in guiding themselves and others through several different forms of meditation such as breathing, visualization, chakra, and others.
The students will learn how to practice and incorporate yogic cleansing and purification techniques, kriyas, into their own practice. In addition to mantra chanting, the instructors will hold lectures regarding the origin, history, and meaning of the mantra.Teaching methodology
One distinction that separates InDepth Yoga Academy graduates from other RYS graduates is their gained experience in teaching upon completion of the course. InDepth Academy's students start teaching small aspects of a yoga class yoga from the very first week and continue to do so until the end of their study. This allows them to become comfortable with guiding a class, the names of the poses and public speaking.
Topics such as following a certain timeline, group dynamics, do's and don'ts will be covered through a series of lectures and physical practices. The training will also dive much deeper into topics like addressing the individual needs of students (these can be past injuries, age, ability and many more), teacher ethics and styles, as well as assisting in a yoga class.Anatomy and physiology
This is a very important aspect of the course and thus is treated with the utmost care. The students will learn the basic anatomical makeup of the body, the key terms related to such, how aspects of the body react in different yoga poses, and thus how you can ensure the safety of each student in the class.
The training will cover the skeletal, muscular and nervous systems and in each one, you will go over the effects poses have the benefits, and the risks to each one. Students will also become familiar with the organs and the cardiovascular system.
You will also extensively cover the subtle anatomy and physiology such as chakras, nadis, koshas, etc. They will become proficient in their knowledge of each one, the benefits and risks, and the effects of poses and meditation on them.Yoga philosophy, lifestyle ethics
In this area, the training will cover everything from the proper yogic diet according to the ancient texts to the ancient texts themselves. Particularly Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, The Upanishads and The Bhagavad Gita.
Through a series of lectures and in-depth discussions, you will go over what it truly means to be a yoga teacher, the purpose each one of you has in this world and your students will gain not only a much deeper and closer understanding of the universe but a much better understanding of themselves and their future and past.
In this section, students look outside and within in order to come to a conclusion about their place in the universe, through discussions and applying them to daily life they will find a healing process begin and start to develop themselves.Practicum
In this final area, students will practice teaching, read the materials provided, complete small written exams regarding the content learned and at the end of the training, teach a full yoga class consisting of all the necessary areas learned.
Upon completion of the coursework, written test, and final exam each participant will receive a certification of completion that will enable them to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200) and teach worldwide.Typical daily schedule
- 06:45 Wake up time
- 07:00 - 08:30 Cleansing techniques and yoga practice
- 08:30 - 09:00 Pranayama / mantra chanting
- 09:00 - 10:30 Breakfast
- 10:30 - 12:30 Theory lecture I
- 12:30 - 14:00 Lunch and resting time (self-study)
- 14:00 - 17:00 Theory and practice lecture II
- 17:00 - 18:30 Yoga practice
- 18:30 - 19:00 Pranayama / mantra chanting
- 19:00 - 20:30 Dinner
- 20:30 - 21:00 Meditation
- 21:00 - 22:00 Self reflection / bedtime